Women in Tech Tampa Bay: Heather Holland, Managing Partner at Edgility
In celebration of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, Embarc Collective is excited to introduce you to Women in Tech Tampa Bay — a content series profiling women who are building at Embarc Collective and how they’ve built their careers.
Meet more women tech founders and investors across the state of Florida here.
Meet Heather Holland, Managing Partner at Edgility.
What pivotal points in your career led to your current role?
- Working in multiple healthcare systems around the country to assist implementation of their Electronic Medical Records technology system gave me the exposure to see what is going wrong and right.
- Moving from Tampa to San Francisco and working at PwC gave me the boost of confidence I needed to take the plunge and go out on my own with my co-founder.
- I have a passion and empathy for the frustration that is faced on a daily basis at healthcare systems. I not only saw it, I experienced it first-hand. Having these experiences gave us the courage to say; you know what, we know we can fix this and help this problem, so let’s do it!
What do you wish you had known earlier in your career?
This is a roller coaster the lows are LOW and the highs are HIGH but just buckle in and try and enjoy the ride (easier said than done) You will wear many different hats.
What communities, networks, or resources have helped you build in your career?
- Embarc Collective, of course!
- Local support (mentors, friends, family, colleagues)
What is one piece of tactical advice that you would give to another woman considering your career path?
Be empathic and confident, have values not goals, and do not lose sight of who you are! Be responsive to like-minded women and foster those relationships where you can! And know that you are not in this alone.
Want to stay up to date on the latest startup news, events, and resources? Get the Weekly Collective delivered directly to your inbox by subscribing here.