Our Team is Growing: Hiring an Operations Associate (Entry Level)
Embarc Collective is Florida’s fastest-growing startup hub. Structured as a 501c3 nonprofit, we help Florida’s startup talent build bold, scalable, thriving companies and currently support over 125 early-stage technology startups. The support from Embarc Collective is hands-on and driven by the specific goals and needs of each startup being supported. Embarc Collective operates from its 32,000 square-foot hub in downtown Tampa at 802 E. Whiting Street, Tampa, FL 33602.
We are growing our team of builders to help support Tampa Bay’s startup talent. Do you want to be a part of our mission?
As our team’s Operations Associate, you will serve in a newly-defined, critical role providing support for the financial, operational, and administrative functions of our organization. You will aid us in building out and fortifying our infrastructure in support of our mission, helping us to drive efficiency, identify and address organizational needs, and ensure fiscal and administrative compliance.
To be successful in this role you’ll be comfortable juggling competing priorities and deadlines, working independently and transparently, and thinking creatively and critically about how to constantly learn and improve. You’ll enjoy moving with quick and sound judgment while working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
We believe in helping our team grow within our organization, so our assumption is that the role will grow along with you as you gain experience at Embarc Collective. As the Operations Associate, you will report to the Embarc Collective VP of Administration & Operations.
- Own the membership operations processes, including member onboarding, offboarding, contracting, and billing, while collaborating closely with the Member Experience team
- Manage office supplies, supply ordering, and supply areas and conference rooms
- Update and deploy space signage, both printed and digital
- Assist with expense tracking, monthly reconciliations, asset tracking, and vendor contracts
- Help to craft and update operations & administration-related communications, policies, and procedures covering a wide range of organizational components across multiple platforms
- Provide backup coverage for the front desk as needed
- Manage special projects as assigned for the CEO and the VP of Administration & Operations
If this sounds like you, we want to connect:
- Is self-directed but also extremely collaborative, both within the organization and externally when engaging with members, guests, and vendors
- Is proactive and solution-oriented, but knows when to ask for help and how to manage up
- Responds promptly to shifts in direction, priorities, and schedules
- Is an experienced project manager
- Is a flexible multitasker and eager to learn
- Thinks strategically and with sound judgment
- Is adept in learning and navigating a variety of systems and platforms
- Has an interest in startups and building the Tampa Bay community
- Has an interest in or experience with nonprofit organizations
- Is tech-savvy; familiar with general IT systems and equipment
- Is proficient in Excel and possesses some general accounting/budgeting experience
Please submit your resume here with subject line: Ops Associate for consideration.
Embarc Collective does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.