International Women’s Day: Women in Tech Tampa Bay
In celebration of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, Embarc Collective is excited to introduce you to Women in Tech Tampa Bay — a content series profiling the women who are building at Embarc Collective and how they’ve scaled their careers.
We all know the woeful stats of women in the technology field: in 2020, women comprise only 5% of leadership positions at tech startups (source: Economist) and raised just 2.3% of venture capital funding (source: All Raise). With this series, we #ChoosetoChallenge these statistics by amplifying the stories of women founders and startup operators who are in our own backyard.
Meet the women building technology startups at Embarc Collective:
- April Caldwell, CEO of fayVen
- Ally Gannon, Marketing Director at Synapse
- Basha Ferdinand, Director of Partner Success at Synapse
- Ellery Linder, Co-CEO of Wherewithal
- Emily Cartafalsa, Product Owner at SiteZeus
- Heather Holland, Managing Partner at Edgility
- Lori Dann, COO/CFO of Breeze
- Maria Juan, VP of Marketing at Peerfit
- SaLisa Berrien, CEO of COI Energy
- Sheron Brown, Executive Director of the Tampa Bay Healthcare Collaborative
- Tatyana Harris, CEO of PECKRO Research
- Whitney Marshall, EVP and Co-Founder of Qualified Meetings
We welcome you to connect with these women, share their stories, feature them as speakers during your events, and invest in their companies. Together, let’s build a local tech culture where women are leading and shaping the future.
Learn more about Embarc Collective’s efforts to support women in technology:
- Review our statewide directory for women leading and investing in technology startup across Florida
- Read our 2020 Glaring Gap Report
- Sign the Glaring Gap Pledge
- Sign up to be notified about our 2021 Glaring Gap Summit, an intensive investor training provided free, made possible by JPMC