We’re Hiring: Community Coordinator
Join Our Team!
We are hiring a Community Coordinator to join our team. Think you might be right for the role? Send your resume to email@example.com before November 8 and specify "Community Coordinator" in the subject line.
About the Role:
As our team's Community Coordinator, you create and control Embarc Collective's first impression with the many people that walk through our door each day. You will ensure that the visitor, member, and staff check-in processes run efficiently and within protocol while providing a safe, welcoming, and engaging community experience. You will also collaborate with the rest of the Embarc Collective team on a wide range of administrative tasks and projects directed at building our relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We believe in helping our team grow within our organization, so our assumption is that the role will grow along with the person as they gain experience at Embarc Collective. The Community Coordinator will report to the Embarc Collective Director of Operations & Administration.
- Manage the front desk/reception area
- Greet all visitors and provide information regarding registration, memberships, events, and general direction
- Manage visitor, member, and staff check-in processes, including monitoring systems dashboards to troubleshoot issues and address check-in needs
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and control access to the facility via the front desk
- Assist with day-to-day member facility requests, including monitoring help desk tickets and liaising with Facilities and Membership staff
- Manage conference room booking through our online platform
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding of members across Embarc Collective systems
- Update the reception handbook as needed and train backup personnel on front desk protocols
- Provide administrative support for Embarc Collective team members in areas including membership, events, and other projects as needed
The right candidate for this position is someone who:
- Is punctual, consistent, and reliable
- Is comfortable interacting with new people (greeting, welcoming and directing)
- Is self-directed but also extremely collaborative, both within the organization and externally when engaging with members, guests, and vendors
- Is proactive and solution-oriented, but knows when to ask for help and how to manage up
- Responds promptly to shifts in direction, priorities, and schedules
- Is a flexible multitasker and eager to learn
- Thinks strategically and with sound judgement
- Is adept in learning and navigating a variety of operational systems and platforms
- Demonstrates professionalism, a customer-focused orientation, and polish in one’s work
- Has an interest in startups and building the Tampa Bay community
This is a full-time salaried position. Embarc Collective offers its team generous medical, vision, and dental benefits, 401k, and an allowance to support your professional development.
About Embarc Collective:
Embarc Collective is a 501c3 nonprofit that helps Tampa Bay's startup talent build bold, scalable, thriving companies and currently supports over 100 early-stage technology startups. The support from Embarc Collective is hands-on and driven by the specific goals and needs of each startup being supported. Embarc Collective opened its 32,000 square-foot innovation hub in 2020 in downtown Tampa at 802 E. Whiting Street Tampa, FL 33602.
Get to Know Us:
Embarc Collective does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.